Download This Complete Project Topic And Material (Chapter 1-5 With References and Questionnaire) Titled The Effect Of Changing Organizational Culture On Total Quality Management Practices, A Study Of Asaba Aluminum Company Limited, Asaba, Delta State. Here On ProjectGate. See Below For The Abstract, Table Of Contents, List Of Figures, List Of Tables, List Of Appendices, List Of Abbreviations, And Chapter One. Click The Download Now Button Below To Get The Complete Project Work Instantly.
PROJECT TOPIC AND MATERIAL ON THE EFFECT OF CHANGING ORGANIZATIONAL CULTURE ON TOTAL QUALITY MANAGEMENT PRACTICES, A STUDY OF ASABA ALUMINUM COMPANY LIMITED, ASABA, DELTA STATE
The Project File Details
- Name: The Effect Of Changing Organizational Culture On Total Quality Management Practices, A Study Of Asaba Aluminum Company Limited, Asaba, Delta State
- Type: PDF and MS Word (DOC)
- Size: [70 KB]
- Length:  Pages
1.1 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM. The ever-increasing globalization makes organizations more complex and competitive to gain more market shares to keep up their business growth and development. For this, cultural changing is essential for successful enhancement of implemented TQM practices in this rapid changing global business. Basically, the way to establishing excellence in innovative companies (as the highest form of quality achieved in business) is characterized by the following attributes: the tendency to action, satisfaction of customers, autonomy and entrepreneurship, achievement of desired level of productivity, relying human resources, active involvement (in solving problems) with the encouragement of key values; direct participation, the application of simple organizational forms, implementation lean-thinking approach in staff engagement, and finally, developing the ability to resolve many contradictions in business (Nikolic and Nastasic, 2010). The concept of organizational culture is fast gaining attention in recent times to meet the environmental changes that plagues manufacturing firms in competing in the global market. The important questions that need to be answered are: how does team work orientation lead to continuous improvement of products and services of organization, especially manufacturing firms? To what extent does innovation (innovative ideas) help a firm in gaining competitive advantage, or how do reward systems increase the productivity of firms? These unanswered questions have left a huge gap in literature concerning organizational culture in manufacturing firms. Dynamism in business environment requires organizations to adopt a result oriented management system to achieve a sustainable competitive advantage in the market place. This calls for the deployment of all the relevant strategy that would lead to proper implementation of TQM practices in Asaba Aluminium Company Limited. This study is aimed to ascertain if there is any relationship between the variables that make up organizational culture and what firms can do in order to achieve the business goals. 1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY The general objective of this study is to find out the effect of changing organizational culture on Total Quality Management practices. The specific objective includes the following:
- To examine the extent to which teamwork orientation will promote continuous improvement.
- To ascertain how innovation can be used to gain competitive advantage.
- To determine the role of reward and control system in increasing the productivity of a firm.
- To know the impact of Total Quality Management practices in achieving a business goal.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS The questions that will guide this research work are:
- How does team work orientation ensure or promote continuous improvement?
- Does innovation have a role to play in gaining competitive advantage?
- To what extent does reward and control system lead to a firm’s productivity?
- How does improved Total Quality Management practice aid achievement of business goals?