Download This Complete Project Topic And Material (Chapter 1-5 With References and Questionnaire) Titled The Effect Of Teachers’ Stress On Students’ Academic Performance In Some Selected Schools In Oshodi Local Government Area Of Lagos State Here On ProjectGate. See Below For The Abstract, Table Of Contents, List Of Figures, List Of Tables, List Of Appendices, List Of Abbreviations, And Chapter One. Click The Download Now Button Below To Get The Complete Project Work Instantly.
PROJECT TOPIC AND MATERIAL ON THE EFFECT OF TEACHERS’ STRESS ON STUDENTS’ ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE IN SOME SELECTED SCHOOLS IN OSHODI LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF LAGOS STATE
The Project File Details
- Name: The Effect Of Teachers’ Stress On Students’ Academic Performance In Some Selected Schools In Oshodi Local Government Area Of Lagos State
- Type: PDF and MS Word (DOC)
- Size: [70 KB]
- Length:  Pages
The study examined the influence of teachers’ stress on the academic performance of students in selected secondary schools in Oshodi Local Government Area of Lagos State. The descriptive research survey design was employed for the assessment of the opinions of the selected respondents with the use of the questionnaire.
One hundred and twenty (120) respondents using random sampling technique were used in this study. Four null hypotheses were formulated and tested in this study using the independent t-test for hypothesis one and the Pearson product moment correlation statistical tools for hypotheses 2, 3 and 4 at 0.05 level of significance.
At the end of the analyses, the following results were obtained:
– Hypothesis one found that there is a significant influence of teachers’ stress on students’ academic performance in school.
– Hypothesis two revealed that a relationship exists between the causes of teachers’ stress and students’ academic performance in the school.
– In hypothesis three, it revealed that there is a significant relationship between the effect of stress in the society and the students’ academic performance in the school.
– Finally, it was indicated in hypothesis four that a relationship exists between teachers’ emotional stress and students’ academic performance in schools.
Based on these findings, certain recommendations were made.
– Teachers should not be over-loaded with work in their daily teaching professions, rather, teachers, to avoid stressful conditions, should ensure that they do not take their work home that is, uncompleted work home. They should stop their work at the end of the day in their offices rather than continuing with them at home.
– The large class size in our secondary schools is the bane of high academic achievement of students and it contributes to the stressful condition of the teachers.
– Government should ensure that the provision on National Policy of Education (NPE) on teacher – student ratio should be maintained. Government should ensure that more teachers are employed to teach the large enrolment of children in our schools.