Download This Complete Accounting Project Topic And Material (Chapter 1-5 With References and Questionnaire) Titled The Problem Of Partnership Business In Nigerian (A Case Study Of Esco And Co, Warri Delta State) Here On ProjectGate. See Below For The Abstract, Table Of Contents, List Of Figures, List Of Tables, List Of Appendices, List Of Abbreviations, And Chapter One. Click The Download Now Button Below To Get The Complete Project Work Instantly.
PROJECT TOPIC AND MATERIAL ON THE PROBLEM OF PARTNERSHIP BUSINESS IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF ESCO AND CO, WARRI DELTA STATE)
The Project File Details
- Name: The Problem Of Partnership Business In Nigeria (A Case Study Of Esco And Co, Warri Delta State)
- Type: PDF and MS Word (DOC)
- Size: [70 KB]
- Length:  Pages
Long ago, many Nigerian have engaged them in one or tow business entity to promote the economic growth and to earn a living.Unfortunately it have been observed from the past analysis and experience that most of them are not living up to the expectation. In view of this it is important to carry out a research analysis on problem and prospect of business to know or uncover the reason behind their business. It is a pity that immediately any thing business is mention, the only thing that comes to the mind of a typical Nigerian is buying and selling of goods but business if broader than that. Business means any lawful activity one engages on to satisfy peoples wants and needs to earn a living. For the purpose of this research, I want to narrow out minds to business as any profit directed economy or commercial activities that provides goods and services necessary to a nation standard of living.
Business ownership can be classified into two basically:
(i) Public enterprise and
(ii) Private enterprise
The private comprise of sale proprietorship, cooperative society and partnership etc.
In this research work, we are going to concentrate mainly on issue that concerns the partnership business.
According to Boron Donan (1976) partnership can be defined as a business relationship between two or more persons who jointly own and manage a business. The maximum number is usually 20 persons. The following problem lead to the formation of a sole proprietorship and others
– Delay in the decision making process
– Crisis of confidence
– Chained activity all new members to the old ones etc.
STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
A large proportion of the business entities in this country are face with similar problems. This problem hinders partnership business and thereby causing their contribution to the nation economic development limited. Some of this problem is;
- Poor source if fund
- Poor feasibility study
- Absence of rules and regulation
- Inability to differentiate between personal and business affair
- Negligence on the part of some partners
- Wrong decision taking without considering the necessary factor that can affect it
- Lack of competitive awareness
- Lack for assessment on the strength and weakens of a business
PROBLEM OF PARTNERSHIP BUSINESS
1.poor sources of fund: the major source of fund for the partnership business is from their little savings and gift from friend which is not enough to start a capital outlay of a standard business and hence the business fails within a short period of time.
2. Poor feasibility study: not business that can survive without overcastting and knowing the future of that business that is how it can survived and whether it is gainful
3. Lack of lay down rules: most partnership business do not have a laydown rule as a guide to the business and ownership and most of the time, the terms of agreement which will lead to quarrying and winding up.
4. Inability to differentiate between business and personal affair. This happen personally where the partners take up the business property as their personal property
5. Negligence on the part of some partners: most of their workers because of the numerous engagements easily show a non challant attitude toward define responsibilities.
6. Wrong decision taken: this has made many investors to wind up thanking government decision are trials to every other decision.
7. Lack of competitive awareness: many partners in Nigerian don’t take the reactions of the competitors into consideration, like issue of pries tags special discount etc.
8. Personal strength and weakness in business: many of the business do assess their strength and weakness in business, hence they experience failure.
Summarily, many business do not have adequate training, as a result, the business folds up as a man’s business. Lac of the tehnologioal kow how also causes their failure. They likewise ignore the accounting procedure of handling business, having poor accounting records.
In this study the researcher intends to deal with the following problems:
- Common problem facing partnership business in the area of planning, finance and management
- The cause of this problem
- How to solve the problem
- The future prospects of partnership business in Nigeria
PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
In the work the researcher intends to find out or investigate the following things in view of the problem listed above
- Whether partnership business carry out feasibility study or not before embarking on any business
- Whether most for the partnership business use deeds
- Whether they keep proper accounting records
- If the partnership business on their own plan their work
- Whether there is any effect of poor capital base on the partnership management
- Whether the mismanagement of fund affect the management of partnership business.
The researcher in his cause of writing have tried to study and understand the problem and how they have frustrated the effort of some partnership business owners and some suggestions to elicit them and some recommendation and how to handle some of other problem
SIGNIFICANCES OF THE STUDY
In this work, the researcher intends to go into details and find out the problem facing partnership business in Nigeria. The researcher is interested in identifying the major problem that hinders from a worthy growth in the business. There are chosen areas of focus specified in the objective of the study.
From the various analyses, there is a clear indication that many for the partnership business set up in Nigerian are not living up to expectation. It is hoped that a clear analysis of this problem and prospects of partnership will uncover the causes of poor performance and suggestion that could be relevant help to solve some problem confronting them
STATEMENT OF HYPOTHESIS
Hypothesis is research answers to problem, which are in essence subjected to some test. From this assertion, it is necessary to state out some of the hypothesis
(a) Using the null hypothesis
Hi: for the negative
Ho: for the positive
Hi: inability of the some partnership business to differentiate their personal affair and business affair is a problem to partnership business in Nigerian.
Ho: inability of the some partnership business to differentiate their personal affair and business affair is not a problem to partnership business in Nigerian.
Hi: Esco & Co has been experiencing problem in quick decision taking
Ho: Esco & Co has not been experiencing problem in quick decision taking
Hi: partnership business is been neglected in today’s business activity
Ho: partnership business is not been neglected in today’s business activities.
Hi: there is a feasibility study before embarking on any partnership business
Ho: there is no feasibility study before embarking on any partnership business.
SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The topic of this research is on partnership business. It is assumed that it cannot be applied to the larger firm. It focus is on the problem and identification on why and how the listed factors have hindered the growth of partnership business in Nigeria. The researcher will try to cover all aspect of partnership with middle literature review and the case study, which is the major point of reference.
LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The researcher was restricted from the collection of vital information due to the tie factor in combining this academic work with the researchers study. More so poor financial base to get all information needed for the study and lack of more cooperation on the side of my case study.
Limitation of time: the time schedule for the research work was the time the researcher was suppose to be reading and making prep aeration for his examination
Financial constraint: the researcher could not meet up with the financial obligation as a student, because of this; the work is limited to some areas.
Lack of relevant data: due to instability in the Nigerian government, most for the workers were on strike as of the time there office were visited. Base on the inadequate finance, such place were not visited again
Attitude of interviewees: many of them have this problem of non-challant attitude, which made them not to cooperate.
DEFINITION OF TERMS
- Partnership business: a business carried out by two or ore persons who jointly own it and mange it together.
- Significances: important of the work been done at a particular time to the users
- Hypothesis: suggestion put forward at a starting point for reasoning or explanation
- Constraint: hindrance or limitation to the progress of the work.
- Relevant: things related to the issue at hand or important solution to the work at hand.
- Interviews: a formally arranged meeting to get the opinion of person, company of group by the person called the interviewer
- Feasibility study: study carried out to find out fact about a particular business or project of its profitability.
THE PROBLEM OF PARTNERSHIP BUSINESS IN NIGERIAN
(A CASE STUDY OF ESCO AND CO, WARRI DELTA STATE)